Week 4: Annihilation

I have seen the film "annihilation" several times, and I especially like its film. I think its main idea is that death is not really death, but is presented to another organism through the refraction, replication, characteristics and traits of DNA. I remember playing a game on Steam once that was similar to the horror genre of new future.

Much like annihilation, the protagonist is also searching for an unsolved mystery about "light." I think the reason why the book (or the movie) is so impressive is that it has gone beyond human cognition and thinking. I would be afraid of this supernatural thing, just like the Valley of Fear theory, this kind of object that does not exist in reality will make people become afraid.

Annihilation binds humanity and science fiction together, and it becomes a perfect work. I still remember the film in which one of the explorers turns into a vegetative state. It was full of romance, organic, scientific and unsettling, and the collision brought me a wonderful reaction. I really enjoyed the film and the novel.

I think the ending is also really interesting, an open ending, which I think is both destruction and rebirth. I think this type of work is very rare, and I feel the author has a rich imagination. I always think that the style of New Future is uneasy and romantic. I don't know why, but I really think that this type of works is very romantic, because people's collision with unknown creatures can sometimes produce a feeling of loneliness and sadness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About scores

Week11: Cyberpunk and Steampunk

Week 1: After reading Frankenstein