Week 2: Interview with the Vampire

I recently finished watching "Interview with the Vampire," and in Annise Rice's work, vampires have more of a deeper humanity. They are no longer afraid of crosses and holy water, garlic is ridiculous, and in Anne Rice's scenario, vampires' only enemies are fire and sunlight. They only kill Evil Doer, and constantly review and reflect on themselves. This is the age of vampire humanity.


In her books, the vampire image has a fuller character emotion and more erotic elements. This should be a big change for vampires, since previous vampires have been portrayed as scary, and "Interview with the Vampire" has created a charismatic and powerful vampire with desperation and untouchable love.


It suddenly reminded me of a movie I saw a long time ago called Dracula, starring Gary Oldman, whom I have loved for years. The vampire in the film is a good interpretation of Anne's work, and he also describes a vampire full of charm and sex.


I actually find this change very interesting and it makes vampires a lot more popular. But to be honest, now the era feels that vampires have become the consumption object of the director team, all the vampires are handsome and charming, I am not very interested in other vampire novels, movies or TV series except Dracula.


But to be honest, I think "Interview with the Vampire" is the movie I prefer, because I think the ending of the novel is a bit fast, and Anne's series of works about vampires are quite similar, so I think we can have a selective look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About scores

Week11: Cyberpunk and Steampunk

Week 1: After reading Frankenstein