Week 5:Witch

I like Terry Pratchett in particular. He is a writer of great imagination and good humor. His work is at the same time deeply satirical about human nature. There's a lot of humor in the details of the background. First of all, I think his series of books are very interesting. His background is a world with a round sky and a place, supported by several giant elephants who step on the back of a giant turtle. The world inside is medieval, modern science and magic, and there is a hot air balloon wizard. This is the world I dream of! In a story that is naive to the point of seriousness, Pratchett confronts young people with questions about human existence that can even be chilling. I haven't finished reading Equal (I had too much homework and I was an international student so it seems to be more usual than my native language) but I used to look at most of them, like Mort and Reaper Man. In most novels, there is Death, a thin man with a scythe, shining blue eyes, laughing and scolding inconstant but unknown, trying to understand human happiness, halfway through being a cook, and being kind to cats. I think the child saw the difference between what the adult saw. What the child saw is the courage and strength of the female magus, but I saw women's struggle for Equal rights. It's just like the reality.I find it very moving, and it's really remarkable that the author can connect the magic world with the real world.Anyway, it's really worth watching. I grew up watching Terry's "Discworld" series, and when I grew up, I realized that Terry was more than just a children's book. I've seen Roald Dahl's "The Witch," like there's a movie coming out soon? It's about the existence of witches, who look like normal women but have no hair, drool blue, no toes and have to squeeze their square feet into pointed heels. It is really lovely and interesting story. I especially like the grandma in the book. If I had such a grandma, I would be very happy. I thought it was funny, like the main character being turned into a mouse, and I even wondered how I could become a witch. By The way, I have watched a lot of movies about witches, such as The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, and The Wizrd of Oz. Found that witches are all beautiful, but they have good and evil. Their character grows with the environment, just as there is dark magic and good magic in the wizarding world. 

 https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1RwYS5uEEsmDOcTC-3AGTP2iXjMuky9J4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About scores

Week11: Cyberpunk and Steampunk

Week 1: After reading Frankenstein